We have many cats who are looking for long-term, indoor, caring homes.
Please visit Petfinder
for a current list of our cats ready for adoption now.
- Seniors For Seniors - When
one of our senior cats (9 yrs or older) is
adopted by a senior citizen, HoD will waive the
- Bonded Pairs - Sometimes
when two cats are given to us to be adopted,
we promise the previous owner that we will adopt
them out to the same
forever home. So to help both the cats and
the families that want to adopt
them, HoD will reduce the adoption fee to $100 for
The typical adoption process follows this pathway:
- Contact KT for adoption information by e-mail
or by phoning 503-262-0763.
- Visit the kitties at the shelter at a pre-arranged time.
- Find your soul-mate.
- Complete an application.
- Discuss any concerns regarding your new family member.
- Pay the application fee. ($65)
- A House of Dreams staff member will complete a site visit of
- Your new loved one arrives!
Unless otherwise noted, the $65 adoption fee includes the following:
- Spay or Neuter (cats above the age of 5 months)
- Rabies Vaccine
- FVRCP Vaccine
- Testing for FeLV and FIV
- Pre-adoption veterinary wellness check which includes a