For information in an emergency or other special situations, please check the following sections for direct links to groups that might be helpful:
- For Help in an Emergency, including 24-hour veterinary clinics, poisoning cases, and if a cat is stuck in a tree
- Animal Shelters and Rescue Groups in Portland, surrounding cities, and Southwest Washington, including rescues focusing on cats
- Special assistance for low-income pet guardians including low- or no-cost veterinary care, food, and supplies
- Other organizations, including spay/neuter groups and organizations for community and feral cats
- Pet Resources for Senior Citizens, including benefits and risks of pet ownership and information for seniors in assisted living
- A New Owner's Guide to Adopting a Cat includes information on what to expect when adopting a cat and useful advice for preparing to adopt one. Thanks to Amelia for telling us about this link.
Please note that while we include these links, we don't have any control over the information they provide. Inclusion of links from these sites does not imply an endorsement of products, services, or the organizations, and we can't guarantee the accuracy of the content of these sites.